Monday, October 26, 2009

dazzle calling


holy crapola! has it really been a month since i made you a mix tape? bad kitty.

you know when they say say time flies when you're having fun? do they speak truth or lies? all i know is i have been trapped in a dark cave for approximately four weeks, just dying to get these tunes out to you.

so appropriately these next few songs are all about making contact or some sort of call. forgive me? pretty please? x

like a call - architecture in helsinki

the clip to this song is so darn cute, it makes me think of hot chocolate, rain spattered windows, knitted blankets, holding hands and breathing deeply.

collect call - metric

talking about so darn cute, may i please be emily haines when i grow up? i find this song beseeching. also i love it that every time haines refers to herself as a lazy dancer, i'm ever hopeful she'll one day drop a tiny dancer in there instead. no luck so far...

long distance call - phoenix

italian people answer the phone by saying "pronto!" which means "ready!". ha, that's funny. i wonder how frenchies answer their talky boxes?

new york telephone conversation - lou reed

who doesn't love a little bit of gossip? a song that makes me think that i'm not the only one who eavesdrops on other people's conversations, and reminds me to perhaps speak a little less loudly when conducting my own affairs in public.

call me - blondie

deb harry is one hot bitch in blue. she would look good in a plastic freaking bag. maybe i should go rock-star platinum and disguise my rang.

call it off - tegan and sara

maybe i would have been something you'd be good at. i love this line. and i love this version i found too - demo-style, thanks little canadian trinkets.

angel, won't you call me - the decemberists

i hate waiting for people to call me. in fact i hate waiting for anything, patient i am not! i do love to leave a good voicemail though - i think my record is around 2 minutes and 17 seconds. even when i found out that 99% of my buddies don't even listen to my messages anymore, i still leave them.

spiderwebs - no doubt

i was reminded at my weekly trivia tournament on tuesday just how much i loved tragic kingdom when it came out, and even though it wasn't the biggest hit, spiderwebs was always my favourite track. note to self - another hot blondie - the peroxide really is beckoning today.

telephone line - elo

this sure is a heart-string tugger, and while i think the song is epic, i have never been able to actually take it seriously. i do however love the synth and the doo-wah factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment