Friday, July 3, 2009

here comes the bride


my step sister is getting married today, so i find myself not at work, which is excellent. instead, i'm sitting on the balcony and drinking coffee in the sunshine at my ma's house on the northern beaches. tough life.

once again i find myself writing in the daylight, and since today is going to be all about the lover dovers, and i'm feeling all sunshiny and warm, and my radio dial accidentally got stuck on mix 106.5's love song dedications last night, today's blog is going to be a little mixtape of love songs. but as i have said before, sad songs make me happy, so my version of a love song might be a little different from richard mercer's.


if someone built me a home i would love them a lot. especially if there was more than one bathroom.


the bowerbirds new album upper air is just about to be released. i like words, so song titles are important to me. i like it even more when the promise of a song title is fulfilled, this song is gently awesome.


it's not lost on me that my mix already has a decidedly dark tone. i did warn you. and the make up is in the break up.


i love that this song could easily be about two lovers or two besties, or both. also really cute vid clip.


i don't know if this song is necessarily about love, but i think it's super beautiful and the instruments certainly sound in love with each other, so it stays.


get your scot on. i dig scottish accents so much, that they could be singing about garbage disposal units and i'd probably still categorise it as a love song.


i saw this performed at a wedding years and years ago, with a beautiful vocalist and a big fat cello. amazing.


it's the drums in this song that i find the most lovely, which is strange, i'm not normally one for noticing drums before other elements of a song.


i seem to get into endless scrapes and tumbles, so i think it would be very romantic if my boyfriend iced my bruising knees with frozen strawberries. cute-city.


seductive from the first click. and i've totally been digging cognac lately.

this isn't a top ten or anything stressful like that. just a mix. now get back to work! i gotta get me to a wedding x

No comments:

Post a Comment